In the event of problems with this link it is still possible to access QCYC weather by downloading the Weatherlink app to your phone and searching for Queenscliff Cruising Yacht Club.
Please note that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the clubhouse and all facilities are closed pending further directions from the State and Federal Governments. However the wharf is available to members and visitors residing outside the currently restricted areas of Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
Queenscliff Cruising Yacht Club actively encourages visiting yachts to make use of the extensive facilities available at the club for overnight stays, upon payment of the relevant wharfage fees. All berthing enquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Besides providing a haven for yachts up to 15m in length, the wharf, bushland and protected water give young and old the chance to undertake swimming, small boating activities of all kinds and the odd bit of nature gazing all in a highly secure area. Its BYO gear for these activities.
The clubhouse provides a full range of facilities for a self-catered holiday with members and their guests using their yachts for sleeping quarters and the Club facilities for all else. Please note that sleeping is not permitted in the clubhouse or on club lands.
The clubhouse includes modern bathrooms, brand new stainless steel kitchen facilities, an extensive dining/meeting room and an upstairs reading room/bar and viewing decks.
The Club also has a launching ramp and storage space for dinghies but trailable yachts/boats cannot be stored on the island.
The Club complements its on water boating/cruising activities with a range of events such as the New Year's Day Seafood Luncheon and Xmas in July. Queenscliff Cruising Yacht Club welcomes and encourages visiting yachts to these events.
Please note some helpful information about how the club operates:
- Members receive preference over non-members
- Non-members are generally unable to use the wharf at peak times without prior approval (peak times include Christmas and Easter)
- QCYC is a self help club and operates without staff. Visitors are requested to help maintain and clean the club house and grounds when visiting
- Wharfage must be paid prior to arrival via TryBooking - you will then receive the door entry code by email
- The wharf can accommodate boats up to 2.3 m draft under all conditions of tide
- Boats over 15 m and catamarans require prior permission from the Secretary
- Commercial vessels are generally not permitted to berth at the QCYC wharf
- Boats over 18m cannot be accommodated
- No pets are allowed on Swan Island or on boats at the wharf
- Pedestrian access to or from Queenscliff across the causeway or bridge is absolutely not permitted and will almost certainly result in intervention by the Department of Defence.
- Detailed instructions are contained in the Club Handbook
To find out more about QCYC, please browse our website further.